“Be safe and inquire”

Paul Hennekey
Building Inspector, Code Enforcement Officer


Phone: (585) 659-8721 *3
Office Hours: Mondays from 7:00 pm to 9:00pm
Or by Appointment


Fee Schedule & Information Sheets:

Building Permit Fees
Application for Building Permit
Application for Variance
Fence Information
Standby Generator Information
Pool Information
Coastal erosion management permit
Kendall unified solar application permit

Short Term Rental application
Short Term Rental license renewal

Call the Code enforcement Office to make application for a building permit.
Once approved you must bring the application to the Kendall Town Clerk’s Office
and a Building Permit will be issued by the Town Clerk.

All houses must have address numbers according to the 911 emergency response numbering system.
Numbers shall be 5″ high (Arabic numbers) their color shall be in contrast to their background and be readily visible from the road. If the structure is more than 90 feet from the road the numbers shall be placed on a post and be readily visible from the road.

All re-roofing projects – complete tear off needs to have permit and inspection by the Code Enforcement Officer.

According to NYS Building Code
All pools that contain more than 24 inches of water are required to have a building permit.
NOTICE: There are also setback and installation requirements.

  • Information from the DEC for lakefront property owners. Click here.

  • Lake Ontario Flooding and Funding information 

  • An administrator has been assigned to assist individual property holders along the lake shore. For details on this program, please contact the Housing Council by phone or through their website: www.thehousingcouncil.org or call Pat Eick at 585-546-3700.

  • Due to the State Of Emergency the DEC is offering permit approval for coastal erosion to be expedited. If you are in need of coastal erosion work to be done on your property you need to fill out a Town AND DEC permit. For questions contact Paul Hennekey, Code Enforcement Officer, at 658-2341 or 737-8949.

  • Directions for DEC permit for coastal erosion: Click here
    DEC permit for coastal erosion:
    Click here
    Town of Kendall permit for coastal erosion: Click here